Friday, April 3, 2009

The waiting game

Well, still on bed rest - but everyone is healthy so that's okay. Only 10 more days until my due date and it looks like I will make it until then without needing any kind of intervention - yay! I am dilated, but only slightly. The plus? I am hoping all this rest will come in handy after she arrives and the sleep deprivation arrives. So we'll just wait and I will continue to resist my urges to clean (for the most part anyway).

Ethan... still too cute. Last night he was standing in the bay window looking at the birds and pretending to fly away with them. This appears to be one of his new favorite hobbies. He flaps his arms, screams 'tweet tweet' and thinks he can go! Last week I went to pick him up from my parents and he saw some birds in the yard. We stopped to look at them and before I knew it he had ran off towards them screaming, "Wait, I come with you!! Tweet tweet!". I had to chase him through two yards before I could catch my little bird. Sooner or later, I am determined to capture this on video, but he always gets too interested in the camera and stops playing!

I am starting to worry that I might miss out on some of these moments with a new baby in the house, but am working with Dan to ensure we get time with both of the little ones. Parents all over the world seem to work this out, so I am sure we will as well.

4 comments:

  1. I understand your fear about becoming the parent of a new baby, and worrying that your first baby will suffer. But, I know you will be able to handle it and that Ethan will love being a big brother. Hopefully on bed rest you will get lots of time to store up some energy! You're almost there--hang in there!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog through Barbara's blog. I have been slacking on facebook lately so at least I can keep up with all your happenings here! :) Hang in there you are almost there, and just try to rest...I know it is hard, I have been there done that but it is good for you. I can't wait to hear more updates and see some pictures of the little lady when she gets here. We will both have Ella's soon.:) Too funny! Let me know if you need anything at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :) Only 8 more days until my due date, so it's almost over! BTW Janet, I just checked out your Etsy page! Your jewelry is amazing!!! I will be ordering and passing the word along!

    ReplyDelete