Well, I have gotten really behind on all of my on-line addictions but with good reason :)
Ella arrived on April 15th! As I laid in the prep room awaiting surgery, I watched our president refer to my little lady's birthday as a day dreaded by all of America. Dan and I finally both disagreed with something Obama said (usually Dan is the one that disagrees)! She was 7lbs and 18 3/4 - tiny, but perfect! Everything went well and there were no complications with her or I.
We have been busy since, settling in and finding our new routine. I must say it's been incredibly easy so far. I almost feel guilty admitting this and know that it won't last forever, but so far she's the perfect baby! She hasn't cried for more than five minutes at a time and is already sleeping for at least a four hour stretch every night. Now that I have fessed up to that, I am sure she will be awake all night!
Ethan has adjusted remarkably well and seems to like having a new sister. Dan brought him to the hospital on our second day and he went straight to the kissing and hugging of his new sister. He likes 'helping' with taking care of his sister. Gabrielle won't let her out of her sight, and has currently been holding her for over an hour. Ms. Ella will certainly be spoiled.
We have managed to get out and about and even made a quick trip to the store today as a family of 5 with no problems to report! Again, soon enough I am sure things will get more difficult.
Dan has taken the whole week off and it's been so lovely having him home to spoil us and not having to think about work at all. He's more than fallen in love with Ella and I am convinced she will definitely be a Daddy's girl. I am not looking forward to next week when he goes back to work!!
I am going to be lazy and not post any pictures now, because honestly I don't feel like walking in the kitchen to get the camera - but I promise the camera has been busy and I will post pics of the little lady soon. For now, you will just have to trust that she's beautiful. I am going to go back to hanging out with my beautiful family now :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so excited and happy for you. I know your wonderful family is eating her up. Enjoy this special time (including the four hour stretches of sleep and little no crying-super jealous by the way ;) Lots of love--Barbara
ReplyDelete