Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Round 2
Bed rest. That's the verdict. For now I suppose :) Friday I went to the doctor for my weekly appointment and my bp was up. I tried to explain that I had just had a stressful morning and after two minutes in the office laying on my side in the dark with Dan kindly rubbing my back and saying nice things, it went down. Evidently this means that work is too stressful and I need to be home. More blood tests and my platelet count was back down and another one of my counts were off, so she said that 'bed rest is define telly justified'. Yay. After a few days of taking it 'easy' I am beginning to wonder if I can make it three whole weeks doing nothing! I will go crazy! Of course, if it keeps Ella and I healthy, I will be a good patient and try my best to be still. I go back to the doctor today and we plan on asking her best guess as to how she sees this going. At this point, I can't imagine that my hopes of a natural birth is a real possibility and am starting to wonder if we should just go ahead and schedule a c-section. There is something appealing about knowing when the little lady will come, especially after so many times of thinking that today's the day. I am three weeks away from my due date, but Dr. Stewart thinks Ella's hanging in like a champ. Anyway, I hope to have some answers today - I can't stand not knowing what will happen!! I am too much of a planner for all this uncertainty. I suppose that's a lesson that I need some work on anyway :) As long as everyone's healthy I can stick it out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment