So I am a bad blogger. Inconsistent at best. So here is a quick update:
Ella:
Today was her 2 month check-up and she's doing well. Got her first shots and she handled it like a champ and is sleeping away. She let out a quick cry that I had never heard before and then it was over. I am sure by 4 months she'll be more aware of what happened to her and punish me sufficiently for allowing her to be hurt in such a way. She's 10 pounds 3 ounces and only 21.5". I like her small and cute, but part of me wishes she would get bigger so I could put her in her cute clothes!! She's now slept through the night several times (including last night 8pm-6am) and I was worried that she wasn't getting enough food, but the Dr. says it's okay, so I am going to relax and enjoy it!! She's smiling big smiles and cooing away - too cute! Love her. Great baby. Polar opposite of Ethan as a baby who didn't sleep through the night regularly until almost 6 months!
Ethan:
Almost 3! Party is this weekend as we will be at the beach on his birthday and a party with Nana is simply not okay! He's stubborn as a mule. Won't go to the potty for anything. Tried everything and nothing is working!!! He's going to school in the fall and MUST be potty trained. Starting to get worried. I know he can do it, he's just refusing. Heck, he wouldn't even say his name for almost 2 years, though he was fully capable - just stubborn. Don't know what I am going to do with that boy!! So adorable though - loving and mischievous, a boy through and through. Everything he does makes me laugh, it's hard to be strict with him. Eats like a horse, skinny as can be. Still in 2T clothes and many of those are too big. He attracts kindness. When we go to the market, he admires the apples. So far he has acquired 3 free apples to munch on as we wander around. Went to a baseball game, someone gave us free tickets because "You don't need to be standing in this line with that cute little boy." He just walks around smiling, saying "Hi I am Ethan Grey" and people melt. Crazy! He's now allergic to peanuts, cashews and almonds. Dan and I have always joked about the schools that don't allow peanuts and now we have to be those parents!! Carry the epi pen around with us, reading packages, warning anyone we leave him with. My poor boy! What kind of life is it without peanut butter?! After a month of knowing about his allergy, I am just now getting the nerve to open a jar of peanut butter in my house. It's terrifying thinking something so simple could hurt my little man.
Me:
Back at work and it's okay so far. Presenting a HUGE proposal to Roanoke County Schools on Monday for my voc training course for special ed students. Wish me luck! Had a melt down yesterday because I often feel like a bad wife/mom for not having time to do everything that I want to for my family. I love my job, but really would give it up in a heartbeat to stay at home with my kids. Today is better though - I'll find a way to make it all work! And my kids having a house, food and clothing is a plus - so work is necessary, for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so glad things are going well for you. I hope Ethan has a very Happy Birthday, and hang in there with the potty--it will happen. Stickers are great incintives--then again maybe you should try apple slices ;)
ReplyDeleteI know you are loving your new little girl and I can only imagine how hard it was to go back to work. Know that they love you just as much as if you were at home.
And--enjoy the beach!!!
BJ