Thursday, December 31, 2009

And a year later..

Okay, I am the worst blogger ever. Already admitted this and honestly, I feel no shame :) However, since I created this blog one year ago today I feel the need to at least address the last year's occurrences since I obviously haven't blogged about it!

The top 10 wonderful things that occurred in 2009:

1. Ella. Any year that brought this happy, loving girl into my life could never be deemed anything but wonderful.
2. Gabrielle's full recovery. Again, this year brought back Gabrielle to a fully healthy young lady. Though she's growing up way too fast!!
3. My husband. He's fabulous. He has faith when I do not, he makes me laugh when I feel everything is falling apart, he is an amazing father and he's basically just all around amazing. Most of the time ;)
4. Ethan. Oh Ethan. He is my source of constant laughter as well as frequent frustration. I can not image my world before he was a part of it. Love him. Enough said.
5. My parents. Amazing. All around, completely amazing. Their belief in me, support of me and constant love has never waivered. I know now more then ever, that they will always be my biggest cheerleaders, and have more faith and trust in me then anyone probably should. Thanks :)
6.Luck. This year has just been plain lucky for me. *knock on wood* Everything has happened the way it should right when it should. Someone said sometime "Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” I'm not sure about that, but I am just happy to have been lucky.
7. Learning. I have learned so much. I have learned what I am capable of, who I am not, who I can count on, who I can trust and most importantly, I am again reminded of what really counts in life and for me, it's all about my family.
8. Trust. I have been lucky (again) enough to have some pretty fabulous people put their faith in me this year. My year would have turned out far differently if these folks hadn't trusted in me. I try and remember each day to earn that trust and do everything I can to make sure I don't let them down.
9. A job I love and the opportunity to make it what I believe it should be. Enough said.
10. A positive attitude. This year, I believe this has been extremely important in my life. This year hasn't been all sunshine and rainbows. I have learned to appreciate what is great and focus on that. Life is too short to complain or feel sorry for yourself. Anyone with as many blessings as I have would be a fool to feel anything but blessed.

So that's it. My year, and a good one it was. Even without pictures on my blog to prove it :)

1 comment:

  1. You ARE truly blessed. A very happy 2010 to you and your family :)

    ReplyDelete